Problems for Poland and Belarus – level 1
The situation is bad on the border between Poland and Belarus. Many people want to leave Belarus. They have no jobs. They have nothing to eat.
They come to the border with Poland. Polish soldiers stop them. People sleep in tents. It is very cold at night. Several people die.
German activists help the people. They give them food and water. Then, Belarusian soldiers come. Some people say that the soldiers take their phones.
Alexander Lukashenko is the president of Belarus. The European Union says that he wants to make it less powerful. Lukashenko says that it is not true.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.