Problems with E-cigarettes – level 3
Health officials are warning people to stop using e-cigarettes, as the number of illnesses related to them continues to rise in the United States.
The health officials said that they know about 450 cases across 33 states of illnesses possibly related to e-cigarettes. That is more than double the number of cases reported two weeks ago. The number of deaths due to lung injury has also increased to five cases since August this year.
The officials said that it is too early to say what exact chemical in the e-cigarettes is causing the problems because some patients reported smoking both e-cigarettes and marijuana. Some reported using nicotine only.
The officials advise e-cigarette users not to buy e-cigarettes in the streets, as well as not to add any substances that are not intended by the manufacturer.
You can watch the original video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.