Protest against bullfighting – level 2
Bullfighting is popular in Colombia, but not everyone there likes it. The local traditional bullfighting festivals angered one woman and she protested.
She sat outside the mayor’s office in a town, and a man put 2,500 needles into her back. A small group of activists joined the protest. They held posters. One of them read, “Bullfighter, if you are brave, dare to feel what the bull feels.”
The woman may also break the Guinness World Record for the most needles in her body.
Difficult words: angered (to be angry), brave (a brave person is not afraid), dare (to be brave enough).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What is your opinion on bullfighting?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.