Protests in Gaza – level 3
Upwards of 40,000 people gathered on Saturday March 31st along the Israel–Gaza border to mark the anniversary of the Great March of Return protest.
Palestinians have been protesting at the border every week for the past year, demanding the right to return to the ancestral land that they say they lost when Israel was created. Palestinian officials say that Israeli police killed more than 250 Palestinians since the protests began in March 2018.
The protesters also demand the nullification of the Israeli blockade – a combination of air, sea and land travel restrictions which isolate the area from resources.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.