Protests in Iraq – level 1
There are protests in Iraq. They start in Baghdad. They last more than one week. At first they are calm. Then Iraqi police come. The police kill over 100 people and hurt 6000 people.
The Iraqi people are not happy with the situation in their country. There are massive problems with government leaders. Many people do not have jobs. There are very bad services.
The Iraqi government reacts to the protests. The government says that people must stay at home at night. The government does not let them use the Internet.
Iraqi people must have human rights. There is a special group about this. This group wants safe protests. It also wants people to be able to speak freely.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.