Protests in Peru – level 3
In central Peru, potato farmers are trying to cope with market prices well below the production by protesting for the government to buy their crops.
Police used tear gas and truncheons on the protesters who responded by throwing rocks. Dozens of people have been injured and two people died in the widespread unrest.
In other parts of the country, farmers blocked roads and attempted to occupy a hydroelectric dam.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.