Puerto Rico Help – level 1
Puerto Rico has a lot of problems. In 2017, two hurricanes destroy a big part of the country. In January this year, earthquakes come. They injure a lot of people. The country is devastated.
The US wants to help. The country wants to send money to Puerto Rico. Leaders agree to give more than $8 billion dollars to Puerto Rico.
However, there are problems with the distribution of the money. Leaders say that the political situation in Puerto Rico is complicated. They cannot send all the money.
There is a team that takes care of the distribution. It is important that the money goes to the people who really need it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.