Pyramid in Garden – level 3
A Russian couple built a replica of the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt in their garden. The structure is made from modern concrete blocks, and it is 19 times smaller than the original in Egypt.
However, it is still impressive in size, with each size measuring more than 42 feet in length, and its tower reaching 29.5 feet above the ground.
The couple spent two years studying the design, and in June 2019, they began construction behind their summer residence. The pyramid is located in a small village approximately 7 miles outside St. Petersburg.
People come to visit the structure, both for spiritual practices and out of curiosity.
Difficult words: replica (an exact smaller copy), concrete (a building material), out of curiosity (when someone does something because he wants to know or learn something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos