Ramadan Begins – level 1
Ramadan begins on Friday. Ramadan is the 9th month of the Muslim year. Muslims do not eat or drink between sunrise and sunset. People meet after sunset. People eat and pray together.
The coronavirus is in many Muslim countries. People must stay home. They must follow some rules to stop the coronavirus. It is difficult to follow the rules during Ramadan.
Muslims usually meet in mosques. A mosque is a place where Muslims pray. However, many mosques are closed.
Some Muslim leaders do their religious lessons online. Sometimes they broadcast their lessons on TV or radio. However, for many Muslims, this year´s Ramadan is very difficult.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.