Ramadan Begins – level 2
The holy month of Ramadan began on Friday, and Muslims worldwide started 30 days of fasting. The fasting lasts from sunrise to sunset, and after sunset, people meet to eat and pray together.
The coronavirus is in many Muslim countries. It is not easy to eat and pray safely because people must follow strict rules. In many places, people must stay at home.
Some mosques are open; however, many mosques closed their doors to help stop the coronavirus.
In the US, some Muslim leaders post their religious lessons online. It is also possible to broadcast their prayers. However, many Muslims say that it is very difficult to follow the rules of Ramadan.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.