Reasons for yellow US school buses – level 1
480,000 school buses are in the US. They take children to school every day. Most of them are yellow. In 1939, a university professor meets with teachers, engineers, and other experts. They discuss school buses to make them safer.
Experts say that the yellow color is the best. You can easily see black letters on it. When the weather is bad, people can see yellow easily.
No US law says that school buses must be yellow. Many people believe that yellow is the safest color. Now, most buses are yellow. The color even has its own name.
Difficult words: engineer (a person who designs and builds machines, buildings, and so on), letter (the symbol of an alphabet, for example, a, b, c, and so on), law (the rules of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos