Red pandas enjoy snow – level 2
A snow storm swept across the Northeastern United States. People had to close schools and cancel thousands of flights. In some areas, the snowfall amounted to 2 feet (61 centimetres).
Two red pandas at a New York zoo, however, enjoyed the icy conditions and played in the snow. They are native to cold bamboo forests in China and the Himalayas.
Difficult words: sweep across (to hit over a large area), snowfall amounted to (the total amount/quantity of snow), be native to (to be from).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like snow?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos