Refugees Leave Calais – level 2
The mass exodus of refugees from the jungle camp in Calais is underway. More than 1,500 people have left so far, most of them willingly.
The refugees are going to different parts of France, which are going to be home to them. Each refugee has a wristband, which said where they are going, and a map of France.
The clean-up of the camp has begun, but another 5,500 people must leave before the bulldozers can come in.
Difficult words: exodus (a mass leaving of people), refugee (a person who left his or her country because of danger), willingly (if you do something willingly, you want to do it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos