Remembering Adam West – level 2
Adam West was an actor who played Batman in the 1960s TV series. He died last week at the age of 88. In his honour, people lit up the Bat-Signal across Los Angeles City Hall.
Burt Ward played Robin in the show and he was a friend of West’s. He gave a speech at the event. He said that Adam West spent his life as a performer who made people happy, made them laugh, and tried to make the world a better place.
Difficult words: Bat-Signal (Batman’s signal to go somewhere), performer (a person who entertains people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos