Remembering Adam West – level 3
Adam West, the actor who played Batman in the 1960s TV series, died last week aged 88. People lit up the Bat-Signal at the Los Angeles City Hall in his honour.
Burt Ward, who played Robin in the show, was at the event to pay tribute to his friend, saying that he spent his entire life as a performer making people happy, making them laugh, and trying to make the world a better place.
Difficult words: Bat-Signal (the signal that people would to use to call for Batman; the signal looks like a giant black bat).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.