Renault electric cars – level 2
Renault is setting big goals for its electric cars. They predict Ampere, their electric unit, will make a lot of money – 10 billion euros in 2025 and 25 billion euros in 2031.
The company plans to sell shares in 2024, but it is a bit tricky because not many people want electric cars now, and there is tough competition, especially from China. Renault’s boss Luca de Meo says that Renault has enough money for Ampere, but they prefer selling shares because it helps them grow faster. But if not enough people think that Ampere is worth a lot, they won’t sell shares.
Renault also made a new electric car Twingo Legend to compete with affordable Chinese cars.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures is Renault taking to ensure that potential investors trust in Ampere's financial potential?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.