Restaurant in water – level 1
This news is about a restaurant north of Bangkok, Thailand. The restaurant is near the Chao Phraya River. The owner has big problems during the coronavirus.
More problems come last week. The water in the river rises. The owner thinks that it is the end of his business.
He still does not close the restaurant. People sit at tables. There is water everywhere.
Sometimes a wave comes. People get wet. They enjoy it. Other people watch videos from the restaurant on social media. They visit the place, too.
The restaurant has a special atmosphere. People enjoy the food. They watch the sunset above the river. It does not bother them if they get wet.
Difficult words: rise (to go up), wave (when water moves to the beach or land), atmosphere (the mood of a place).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos