Robin Williams is dead – level 2
Robin Williams was a famous actor and comedian. He was 63 years old when he died. Police confirmed he killed himself by hanging.
His death shocked his family and fans. His daughter said that she doesn’t understand why he could not stay. People think that Robin Williams was depressed. Maybe he had money troubles too.
Police now carry out toxicology tests. We will know if he had alcohol or drugs in his body.
Difficult words: confirm (say that something really happened), hanging (when you put a rope around your neck and hang), toxicology (branch of science which detects poison).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you Robin's fan?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos