Robot Asimo – level 3
Dancing and hopping its way, as it makes its European debut in Belgium, meet Honda’s latest addition to its humanoid robot family, the dexterous Asimo.
It stands for Advanced Step and Innovative Mobility and is eventually intended to help people in various situations in need such as the elderly or all those in disaster zones.
“Hello everyone! Nice to meet you. Thank you for coming today.”
Asimo is able to open a bottle and pour a drink and express complex sign language.
“Sensors in Asimo’s fingers are also needed to pick up the paper cup, as well. It already helps with picking the cup up, but also ensuring that apply too much force.”
So we know Asimo can response people and its environment and has the ability of distinguishing voices and avoiding collisions. But throwing shapes on the dance floor won’t last all night long. It can currently only run uncharged for around 40 minutes.
Difficult words: dexterous (skilful), eventually (in the end).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.