Robot saves grain – level 3
A robot that is able to burrow through grain could help save millions of tons of food waste every year.
The Crover robot is able to go 10 meters beneath grain storage silos and report on moisture and humidity levels. A tiny sensor on the robot watches conditions in real-time, and it sends information to farmers via a smartphone app.
Long-term grain storage is laborious, dangerous, and easy to make mistakes. When grain isn’t stored correctly, temperature and moisture start to grow. As a result, bugs start to breed, and mycotoxins and fungus start to grow in the grain, which means a total loss to a farmer.
An estimated 630 million tons of grain are lost in storage every year on a global scale. The robot could help save grains and human lives, too.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.