Rock Hyrax Babies – level 3
Rock hyrax triplets were born recently at Chester Zoo on July 19. The babies weighed less than 250 grams, which is about the size of a mango.
These small, furry mammals (which look a little like rabbits or badgers) have close relations to elephants despite their differences in size and appearance; one similarity is their two large incisors that grow like tusks.
In the wild, the rock hyrax lives in Africa and the Arabian Peninsula in rocky terrain. The animals communicate with one another by making up to 20 different noises.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.