Rocket explodes – level 1
This news is from the USA. A rocket lifts off. It carries cargo into space. The rocket explodes. This happens when it is still close to the ground.
Some people watch the rocket. They see it explode. They film the incident. The rocket turns into a big fireball.
People investigate the incident.
Difficult words: lift off (get in the air), cargo (things which are carried and are for people to use), investigate (try to understand why something happened).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Scary, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos