Rolling Stones drummer dies – level 3
Charlie Watts, the London-born Rolling Stones drummer who propelled the band´s sound for nearly 60 years, has died at the age of 80.
Watts is regarded as one of the greatest and most stylish rock drummers of all time; however, he never learned to play formally. He learned by watching the great drummers in London and American shows when they came to the UK.
He was a member of the Rolling Stones since January 1963, when he joined Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Brian Jones in their fledgling group. Watts helped them become one of the bands who took rock´n´roll to the masses in the 1960s with classics like Satisfaction or Sympathy of the Devil.
The news about Watt´s death came weeks after it was announced that he would miss the band´s US tour to recover from an unspecified medical procedure.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.