Russian cat saves a baby – level 1
This news is about a cat. It is from Russia. It sleeps in a box. The box is in a hallway of an apartment block. It is very cold there.
The cat comes to the box. This time, however, the box is not empty. There is a baby inside it. A woman hears something and she comes to the box. She finds the cat and the baby.
People say that the cat is a hero. They say that it saved the baby. They give it food. The baby boy goes to hospital.
Difficult words: hallway (an area between flats), apartment block (a big building with many apartments or flats), empty (when there is nothing inside of something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this story?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos