Russian cat saves a baby – level 2
A cat in Russia came to its box where it usually sleeps. This time, however, the box in a hallway of an apartment block was not empty. There was a baby inside it.
A local resident heard something so she went to the box and found the cat and the baby. Someone abandoned the baby in the box in the freezing cold hallway. The baby boy was immediately moved to hospital in an ambulance which was followed by the cat.
People say that the cat saved the baby, so it became a local celebrity.
Difficult words: apartment block (a big building with many apartments or flats), local resident (a person who lives somewhere), abandon (to leave somebody).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this story?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos