Sad panda watches TV – level 2
Here is some news from China. People moved away a panda’s companion from their zoo last week. Since then, zookeepers noticed something disturbing.
The panda was depressed. She was not eating properly. The zookeepers had an interesting idea. They moved in some new company for the lonely panda: a new television!
Yes, the panda now has her own TV. She can enjoy the TV while she eats bamboo. After zookeepers played a video of her and her old friend, the panda is happier. She started to play on her swing.
Difficult words: companion (friend), disturbing (worrying), swing (seat on ropes for playing).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Is Panda watching TV a good idea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos