Same-Sex Marriage in Taiwan – level 2
In Taiwan, the parliament is discussing the possibility of legalising same-sex marriage, which would make Taiwan the first Asian country to do this. Taiwan is one of the friendliest Asian countries towards LGBT people and has an annual gay pride parade.
Thousands of people came to protest the legalisation in front of the country’s presidential office, while supporters of the legalisation also came to voice their opinions.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.