Sardine Migration Begins in South Africa – level 3
Along South Africa’s east coast, sardines started their migration, which lasts from April to July in different locations around the coast. People call it the ‘sardine run,’ and the large shoal of fish is five to seven kilometres in length.
Dolphins and predators see the sardine run as a feast, while scientists see the event as a time to research the animals. They learned that reproducing adults and juvenile fish are part of the sardine run.
Difficult words: shoal (a large group of fish), reproducing (able to reproduce – make babies), juvenile (young).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.