Saving Baby Whale – level 3
Aerial and underwater footage shows Sea World rescuers free a whale calf which became caught in shark nets off of Australia’s Gold Coast.
The calf’s mother swam around its baby as rescuers arrived at the scene and got to work. The disentanglement was successful and the animal was free after 45 minutes.
The calf only had some superficial wounds from its ordeal, and people later saw it swimming away with its mother after they released it.
Difficult words: aerial (from the air), calf (a young whale or a cow), disentanglement (the act of disentangling – freeing something that they are entangled with – caught in), superficial (on the top surface, not deep), ordeal (a difficult event).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos