Say hello to a new doll – level 2
There is a new doll on the market. It is a doll which has the body of an average 19-year-old woman. The doll’s name is Lammily. The company’s motto is “it’s time to get real and show that average is beautiful.”
You can put stickers on the doll. Lammily can have acne, cellulite, freckles, glasses, scars or a little dirt on her.
A crowdsourcing campaign made the production of the doll possible. Crowdsourcing allows anybody with a great idea to start his or her project. People who like their idea can send that person money and help him or her start.
Difficult words: motto (a short sentence which expresses the most important idea of a person/company), cellulite (fat just below somebody’s skin), freckle (a small point of brown colour on the skin).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you buy your daughter Barbie or Lammily? Why?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.