Scary mirror – level 3
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the creepiest of them all?
That’s what late night Odeon goers were asking themselves on a dark Wednesday evening when Pepsi Max created its own Halloween prank. Visitors to the cinema in Bayswater bought more than they bargained for, as the toilet’s mirrors were transformed using facial-tracking technology.
As the unsuspecting targets washed their hands and checked themselves out in the mirrors, their reflection’s transformed into Halloween horrors.
The gruesome and hilarious faces included crazed-grinning clowns, vicious werewolves, and flesh-eating zombies. And luckily, most people soon got over their fear and confusion and had some fun with the new technology.
But, the stunt did prove too much for some people with one person leaving the toilets in rather a hurry.
Difficult words: creepy (making you feel fear), prank (a practical joke), to buy more than you bargain for (to get more than you expect), unsuspecting (not knowing something), gruesome (disgusting), hilarious (funny), vicious (cruel or violent), werewolf (a monster which is half man and half wolf), flesh (muscle/meat), stunt (something unusual).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.