Seal and Cows – level 3
A 5-day-old seal somehow found herself far from water in a muddy puddle where she became stuck in a nature reserve in east England.
A birdwatcher spotted the pup surrounded by cattle in mud through his telescope and called the RSPB who helped the little seal to safety.
Once she was rescues, she was sent straight to a seal hospital where vets helped her rehydrate and gain weight. They also gave her antibiotics to help fight a breathing problem.
After she regains her strength, she’ll continue through the rehabilitation process until she’s between 27 and 32 kilograms and is able to feed in the water by herself.
It is not known exactly how she wound up so far from the sea, but one theory is that she got caught in the tide and then became stranded when the tide went back in.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this seal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.