Self-driving car – level 2
Volvo is starting a new project. It wants to introduce us to self-driving cars. These cars allow you to sit back as they take control.
Volvo wants to make cars in which nobody gets killed or seriously injured. The plan is to produce very safe cars by 2020. Volvo’s cars can already brake automatically and help you keep in your lane.
Also, its cars are more fuel-efficient and friendlier to the planet.
And it helps if you are not very good at parking. Some cars come with automated parking!
Difficult words: brake (to make the car go more slowly), lane (area of the road), fuel-efficient (the cars don’t burn much fuel).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Would you buy such a car?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.