Selfie Every Mile – level 2
The Pacific Crest Trail runs across the United States. It starts on the border with Mexico and ends on the border with Canada. It is 2,600 miles long (4,184 kilometres) and runs through the mountains of California, Oregon and Washington.
A man went on a hike on the trail and took a selfie at every mile (1.6 kilometres). The man from Texas created a video from the pictures that he took. He looks very different at the beginning and at the end of the video – he lost 50 pounds (23 kilograms) in weight.
After five months on the trail, 418 kilometres from the end, he had to stop because a snow storm stranded him.
Difficult words: crest (the top of a mountain or a hill), trail (a way you walk on in the countryside), stranded (to be stuck, unable to continue).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this man’s pictures and his trip?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos