Shark and a Seal – level 3
Footage was captured of a great white shark jumping out of the water to grab a seal off the coast of Massachusetts. The seal managed to get away, but there were many sightings of the big predator that summer, so it might have eventually been prey.
Great white sharks grow up to 6 metres in length and can weigh more than 2 tonnes. The man who captured the video was working with the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy in Cape Cod when he recorded the footage, and he said that people had tagged two more great whites in that area. Both were about 3.7 metres long.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about the shark and the seal?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.