Shark attack in Australia – level 2
A woman was swimming with her friends when she became separated from the group. The group came across a shark. They came together and started to swim to shore. The shark was three or four metres in size.
The 63 year-old woman disappeared. It is possible that the shark attacked her. People found parts of a woman’s body, but the parts could not be linked to the woman. Right now, police look for her.
Difficult words: separate (get away from something), shore (area where sea touches the land), link (have a connection).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you scared of sharks?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos