Sharks in an aquarium – level 1
This news is from an aquarium. The aquarium is in South Korea. There are sharks in the aquarium.
A big shark attacks a smaller shark. The big shark eats the small shark. The small shark hangs out of the big shark’s mouth. Visitors see this. They are shocked.
This is rare. Usually, sharks do not eat other sharks. However, sharks can be territorial.
Difficult words: aquarium (a place where you can see fish), rare (special, it does not happen often), territorial (when an animal or a person has an area which is his or her area; the animal or person protects the area).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What factors could have contributed to the bigger shark attacking and eating the smaller shark?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.