Shocking advertisement – level 2
Northern Ireland wants to protect its children. Twenty-eight children died from dangers of speeding since 2000 there.
People show a shocking advertisement on TV. It is a minute-long video. It starts in a classroom full of children. They get ready for a school trip. Meanwhile, a man gets in his car. The children are playing in a park when the man loses control of his car. He crashes through a wall and crushes the children. The video ends with an empty classroom.
Difficult words: speeding (driving too fast), advertisement (short video on TV which makes you buy something or think about something), meanwhile (at the same time), crush (to smash).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can an advertisement like this change anything?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos