A shop sells lost things – level 2
Do you sometimes wonder where your lost belongings end up? They could be for sale at the Unclaimed Baggage store in Alabama, California.
The store started operating over 50 years ago. This huge 4,600-square-meter store sells items left unclaimed by airlines for at least nine days. This is not a usual lost and found store, people come here to buy things which nobody wants. Doyle Owens founded the store in 1970, when he sold unclaimed baggage which he bought in Washington DC.
While 99.5% of bags usually find their owners. Owens sells or recycles the rest, or even puts it in a store museum.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been to the Unclaimed Baggage store in Alabama, California? What was your experience like?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.