Singer Meat Loaf dies – level 1
Meat Loaf is a famous rock singer. He is born in Dallas, US. The singer’s real name is Marvin Lee Aday. Meat Loaf is his nickname.
Meat Loaf has many albums in the 1970s and 1980s. His biggest hits are from the 1990s. His most famous album is ‘Bat Out of Hell’.
He gets a Grammy Award in 1993. It is for the hit ‘I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)’. Meat Loaf has a special voice. It is different from other singers. It is perfect for rock ballads.
Meat Loaf dies last week. He is 74 years old.
Difficult words: nickname (a funny name which a person uses instead of his real name), hit (a thing which is very popular), ballad (a slow romantic song).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos