Singing to Elephants – level 3
In Thailand, the founder of Chiang Mai’s Elephant Nature Park likes to sing lullabies to the elephants to help them get 8 hours of sleep. The park covers 280 acres and is home to more than 70 elephants.
Six years ago, a difficult-to-handle baby elephant was sung to sleep with success and since then, songs have been used to calm down the gentle giants and help them drift off into a much-needed slumber. Many of the elephants living at the sanctuary are rescue animals who suffered abuse.
Difficult words: drift off (move into a situation), slumber (sleep).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos