Sisters meet after 30 years – level 2
Two sisters were ages three and nine when a volcano in Bolivia erupted. The tragedy in 1985 left more than 20,000 people dead. The volcano destroyed the sisters’ hometown and they were put up for adoption. This is how they became separated.
Thirty years later, one of the sisters asked about her family on a Facebook video. The other sister saw the video and found her sister.
Now, they have to catch up with thirty years of each other’s lives. They are also trying to find out what happened to their parents. So far, they have not been successful.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What steps could the sisters take to find out more information about their parents?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.