Sixth finger – level 1
Japanese and French scientists make a sixth finger. It is a robotic finger.
Robotic means that it is a machine. Scientists know that we move our body with the brain. They want to see what happens to the brain when something is new on the body.
Scientists attach the sixth finger to a hand. It is next to the smallest finger. A sensor checks how the muscles on the arm move. A special device then moves the sixth finger.
Scientists say that the sixth finger can be very useful. For example, it helps you to type or carry many things in one hand. In the future, people may wear it just like they wear glasses today.
Difficult words: sensor (a device to check something), muscle (a soft part of the body which makes it possible to move), type (to write on a computer).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos