Smart Gym – level 3
At-home fitness tools have seen sales jump during the coronavirus pandemic.
Tonal is just one of many companies betting on growing demand for at-home smart gyms, and experts have confirmed that the coronavirus will bring permanent change in how people exercise. People have less time to meet physical activity recommendations, and now, many are in isolation or quarantine. With the shutdown of gyms, there has been an acceleration towards workout at home.
Smart gyms aren’t cheap, and the equipment alone can cost over 1,000 dollars each. The equipment can recognize how comfortably you do some moves, and it adds up the weight naturally. Smart gyms are personalized to customers, and they can give you workout friends who support and motivate you. Support is key to long-term fitness goals, especially when working out at home.
Difficult words: permanent (lasting or continuing for a long time), shutdown (the closing of a factory, shop, or other business), acceleration (an increase in speed).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos