Snake Bites a Man – level 3
Forest department officials in India’s Rajasthan state removed a python that entered the premises of a school.
After successfully capturing the snake, people started to pose for pictures with it. One man tried to take a selfie with the snake, and he got bit. Later, officials took the snake away again, but the man will surely hold onto the moment forever, regardless of having actually taken a picture.
Difficult words: python (a large, heavy non-venomous snake; venom is poison), premises (a building together with its land and outbuildings), regardless of (without reference to; careless of; without consideration of).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos