Snake needs help – level 1
This news is about a snake. She lives in a zoo in Brazil. She is sick. She loses weight. Vets see this. They do some tests.
The tests tell them what’s wrong. The snake has an egg in it. She cannot let the egg out. The egg makes her sick. It must be taken out. Vets operate on the snake. They take out the egg.
This type of snake is a python. Pythons do not make venom. However, they have big, strong bodies. This snake is 5 metres long.
Difficult words: weight (how heavy something is), vet (an animal doctor), venom (poison; something like water which can kill you).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this snake?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos