Snow in Bolivia and Peru – level 1
Bolivia and Peru are countries in South America. The weather is usually warm there. It does not snow. Snow falls only in the mountains.
It snows there last week. Temperatures are below zero. It is perfect weather for snowfall. Snow covers parts of Bolivia and Peru. People do not expect it.
People see snow for the first time. They are happy. They throw snowballs at each other in the streets.
Drivers are not so happy. Many cars get stuck in the snow. They cannot move. Local authorities in a Bolivian town must cancel a football match.
Weather forecasts say that cold weather will continue until the end of the week.
Difficult words: temperature (how cold or warm something is), snowfall (the time when snow falls down from the sky), expect (to think that something will happen), forecast (when someone says what the situation will be in the future).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos