Solar-powered cars in Chile – level 2
People displayed twenty futuristic solar cars in Santiago in front of Chile’s presidential palace. Drivers and passersby could check out the special designs.
All of the cars were either completely solar-powered or hybrids, which also use human power. The driver could pedal one car from the inside of the cockpit.
The cars prepared for a race through the Atacama Desert. The 870-mile-long race (1,400 km) will take five days.
Difficult words: passerby (person who walks by something), pedal (move by working the pedals which are on a bicycle, for example), cockpit (a small area for the driver/pilot to sit).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is the solar-powar the future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.