Somalia crisis – level 1
Somalia’s hospitals have a big problem. Too many patients are there. Many attacks happen in Somalia. Militant groups do the attacks. 30% more attacks happen than last year.
The worst attack happens in October. Two bombs explode in cars. At least 120 people die. Hospitals are full.
Many children are in hospitals, too. These children do not have enough good food. Recently, it rains too little in Somalia. People cannot grow crops. They move to places where they can grow crops.
The UN says that more than 500,000 children in Somalia may die from hunger.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.