Spacecraft is close to a comet – level 1
A spacecraft went into space in 2004. It moved between the Earth and Mars first. Then it started to travel to a comet. It traveled around 4 billion miles (6.4 billion kilometres).
The spacecraft is 100 kilometres from the comet now. The comet is the end of the journey. It is very interesting to experts. The spacecraft studies the comet.
Experts are interested in the comet’s history. They want to know the comet’s material. It can answer many important questions.
Difficult words: spacecraft (thing which can travel in space), comet (a flying rock in space), journey (travel), history (where something came from).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Do you think that there are aliens somewhere in the space?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.